The CREE XM-L T6 LED Zoomable Flashlight is also sold as an UltraFire product and suffers from quite a few copycat versions on the market. This is one flashlight that seems to get mixed reviews and users either love or hate it; as a result it scores 3.7/5.0 from existing users on Amazon.
CREE XM-L T6 LED Zoomable Flashlight
Selling on Amazon, the Cree XM-L Zoomable Flashlight uses LED technology and claims that the LED bulb will lasts for at least 100,000 hours. The flashlight has 3 modes; High, Low, and Strobe. It only has one white LED bulb and has a maximum beam lighting distance of 250 meters.
You get two battery options with this flashlight. Firstly, you can use 3 AAA batteries or use one 18650 battery. Operating on high beam, the runtime is about 2 to 4 hours. Depending on who you buy from, you can have it delivered with batteries and pay more. According to some customers, the flashlight has some serious charging problem if you use the rechargeable 3.7 v battery.
The flashlight order should come with a holder/cartridge for the AAA batteries and another plastic case for the rechargeable battery which is attached to the flashlight like a sleeve
This black aluminum flashlight is compact and easy to grip. It can take rough handling. The craftsmanship and material used for the casing is remarkably good quality.
One issue you may encounter with this flashlight is the zoom. You might need to apply some WD-40 to get it to turn smoothly. This tightness can be easily resolved as long as you don’t force-pull the ends too hard.
Performance-wise, the flashlight is not 1600 lumens although it has a good beam. The main problem is that with the product name customers are expecting a tremendous flood of light and seeing something half of that is frustrating. According to other flashlight experts, with the triple AAA batteries, it would be impossible to achieve 1600 lumens and the maximum would be about 1000 lumens if it is powered by 10 watts. That would be equivalent to 100 lumens/W.
The 1600LM Lumen Zoomable Flashlight receives extreme feedback from its buyers. The rating is 3.7 out of 5 stars although a deeper look at the comments posted reveal ratings of 1 star or 5 stars hence the middle 3 star. For the price, there are many other flashlights that will do a better job although appearance-wise, it looks great.
Top 5 Main Features
- 1600 lumens although questions have been raised about this
- Zoom function
- 3 mode: High, Low, and Strobe
- Two battery options: AAA and 3.7 rechargeable
- Affordable if it isn’t defective or a copycat version because that can incur costs for refund and shipping for the buyer
- Size: 6 inches (length) x 1 inch x 1.5 inches
- Weight: 5.7 ounces, shipping weight is 14.7 ounces
- Battery Type: 8 watt battery, 3 triple A batteries which are not included in purchase price. The 3.7 volt rechargeable battery is a second option and the package comes with a pouch/sleeve for this battery type
- Power/Lumens: 1600 lumens on high mode
- Body Material: Black aluminum
- Mount: None